Internships at TNT
What is an internship?
- A time-limited experience that is completed for college credit during a fall, spring, or summer semester.
- Includes various processes to help the intern grow and learn, such as goals, observations, reflections, and evaluations.
The benefits you gain as an intern:
- Opportunity to display your skills and to learn about our physical fitness programs
- Build a work experience for your resume
- Receive a meaningful, career-related work, and positive mentoring
- Learn about the non-profit sector
The benefits TNT will receive from your internship:
- Gain new perspectives on methods, projects, and programs
- Recruit and evaluate potential employees
- Opportunity to improve communication materials such as brochures, newsletter, websites, etc
Basic Job Expectation
- Customer service 1st priority
- Be on time
- Dressed appropriately wear TNT attire
- Understand all of TNT's programming
- Keep facility clean
- Be a team player
What past interns are saying
While being an Exercise Science student at NDSU I was given the extraordinary opportunity of interning at TNT Kid’s Fitness & Gymnastics. TNT allowed me to truly go out of my comfort zone in order to meet the needs of every individual, which allowed me to grow as a person. I was given more hands on experience than I could have ever imagined. Also, I was able to motivate kids every single day and help them overcome the mind set of “I can’t” and change it to “I can,” which was one of the most fulfilling aspects of interning at TNT.
Kevin Hackenmueller - North Dakota State University - Exercise Science - 2016
This past spring I was given the opportunity to intern at TNT Kid’s Fitness & Gymnastics. I was able to work with many of the different programs offered at TNT. I was able to work with special needs students, special needs adults, the afterschool program, and I was able to coach a few different kids’ fitness classes.
As an exercise science/pre-physical therapy major, I really valued the experience I gained at TNT as it allowed me to advance many of my professional and personal skills. TNT was also a great experience as it allowed me the opportunity to work with certain populations that I would have not gotten the chance to work with at other facilities. TNT is an extremely positive place; the staff was always more than willing to help me out or share a piece of their knowledge with me. The best part of my internship experience with TNT was going home every day knowing that I, in some way or another, made a difference in another individual’s day. I would definitely recommend this TNT internship to other students!
Cory Tumberg – North Dakota State University – Exercise Science/Pre-Physical Therapy - 2016
Through undergoing my internship at TNT, I experienced the opportunity to grow in many areas which will help me in my future career. One way in which I was able to grow was opportunities to be adaptable in different situations. Through interacting with many different people of all abilities and personalities, I learned the importance of adapting yourself to respond to their individual needs on that day while also adapting activities for their needs. The internship allowed me to grow in my interpersonal skills and learn how to communicate better with the people around me. Another way in which this opportunity helped me is that it allowed me to grow in leading groups of people. This will come up in my future career, and so it is helpful to have these opportunities to grow in these skills.
Patrick Finnegan – North Dakota State University – Exercise Science/Pre-Occupational Therapy - 2016