A child's occupation is to learn and experience their world so they can grow up to be successful and productive adults in society. Pediatric occupational therapists work to ensure that the issues the child may be experiencing do not interfere with their success in school, at home, or in the community.
TNT's occupational therapist provides client centered therapy to improve your child's physical development, sensory processing skills, social and emotional development, cognition, and motor skills. Our occupational therapist evaluates your child's skill for playing, school performance, daily activities, and compares their skill level with what is developmentally appropriate for the child's age.
How do I know if Occupational Therapy is right for my child?
Occupational therapy can help, but is not limited to, in the following areas:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Sensory processing disorders
- Down’s Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Behavior difficulties
- Cognitive disorders
- Developmental delay
- Social skill deficits
What skills can be improved?
- Sensory regulation
- Social skills
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Visual perception skills
- Visual motor skills
- Strength and coordination
How do the sessions work?
- Our therapist works one on one with children within an age range of 0-21
- Sessions are 45-60 minutes long once or twice a week
- Parents are able to join their child during sessions
- Activities during sessions are based on the needs and goals of the child and parents
In 2016, TNT opened a brand new 2,200 sq. ft. state of the art sensory gym. This gym is one of the largest “public” sensory gym in the United States. Equipment in the space include trampolines, rock wall, monkey bars, foam pit, slides, zip line, and more!
How do I get started?
- Contact Leslie Pladson at email@example.com about setting up an evaluation
- Fill out a patient intake form
- Visit with our therapist regarding insurance forms and payment options
- Set up an evaluation with our therapist to obtain more information about the child and their needs
- Discuss results formulated from the evaluation and set up weekly sessions
I have taken my son, Anthony, to Leslie for help for a while now. Anthony would not grasp a crayon to color, could not stand loud noises, would not go near water, was unable to write his own name, and hated to touch anything that might make his hand messy. Leslie has helped Anthony grow as a person and made his life so much better with her care. She has helped him over come every one of these obstacles and more. She has shown him how to be comfortable communicating his thoughts and needs, the skills to deal with and express his anger correctly and celebrated his victories in his grown with him! Leslie has shown Anthony the tools to deal with things that might seem every day to most, but were huge issues for Anthony to handle. This program has changed my child's life for the better and I can't express how grateful I am for all of the hard work and love that has been shown to him.
I really do love the work she has done with Anthony. We can't imagine our lives without her.